25 December 2010

Repetition Pears? Repetition Life?

Okay, so you probably are scratching your head saying “Repetition Pears?” If you aren’t in my inner circle of friends, then you probably think that I have went nuts! However in the early 20th century there was a brand of pears, oranges, apples called “Repetition…” For proof, one only has to go to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. When a good friend of mine and I see this sign we both put on our best British accents and say “Repetition Pears…Repetition Pears…”

Sometimes it feels as if our life is repetitious also. I know that I often feel as if God is pressing me to do something and when I put it off, He gets more aggressive in wanting me to do it, and when I finally do, I realize “WOW! Had I done this sooner, then I may have had peace sooner or an answer to something sooner.

My example is that one day I was looking at Kippah (Jewish Skull caps) and I found one that I really liked. God pressed upon my heart to study 1 Corinthians 11 and to read about how a woman dishonors her “Head” if she isn’t covered when she teaches or prays in public. The head of a woman is her husband, being that I am a single woman, I couldn’t see how God would want me to be covered??? Well I have studied Judaism for so long, that I actually have a Kippah and a prayer shawl…I went into my room, covered myself and prayed…I can’t begin to tell you the peace that I had. All God wanted me to do is to cover my head when I prayed, submitting to HIS authority. Since I covered my head, I have been able to possibly decide what to do with a situation I am facing.

I guess my point is that when life seems to be repeating itself or a bit repetitious, we must seek out the reason why it is…

No comments: