25 December 2010

Are you AWOL?

Last Sunday I went to Lincolnton, North Carolina to hear a minister that I hadn't seen since before he went off to Bible college...about 18 years. One comment that he made during his sermon was that a "You can be present in a pew, and still be AWOL from God." This comment has stuck with me this week, as I have been living my life present in a pew and AWOL from God.
Never have I thought of being AWOL on God before, but as I sat in that pew, I knew that the pastor had to be right. You see so many times we let things get in the way of our walk with God. We each have ministries that we perform, but after a while they start to seem cliché and we don't give it our all.
In today's military if you go AWOL, you stand court martial, dishonorable discharge, etc. But in God's Army, we aren't given a discharge, we are just counted as lapsed in our faith and ministry.
After that sermon, I came home, and I re-read the way of Salvation, with complete clairity and was able to rededicate my life to God once more.
So I want to ask you, "Are you AWOL on God? Have you moved away from God and need him back in your life? Do you feel as if all things are hopeless?" Friends, re-read the road of salvation in Romans. We are all sinners, nothing can redeem us from our sins except for Jesus Christ and finally, once you have asked Him to live within you, or you rededicate your life, don't be afraid to publically proclaim it to everyone!

No comments: