29 June 2008

A story of Forgiveness

My friend Ben passed away a year ago...maybe it was 2. Anyway, I had a lot of unfinished business because of stupid decisions in life. Well I had always wanted to tell Ben and his wife, I was sorry for my decisions...one night I laid in my bed praying, I was in a room with them and apologized...Ben just nodded...then after he passed away I was like "Okay, am I forgiven?" and I was praying and I heard Ben say "It's okay. No worries anymore."
Well still not being convinced though my therapist (a DEVOUT Christian woman) knew it was God's way of saying "You're forgiven...move on" I continued to question and want to know I was forgiven...So one night as I lay on my couch in tears I closed by eyes for what seemed like an hour (which was really mere seconds)...and I was surrounded in WHITE...the whitest white I have ever seen.
I saw three men standing in to my side, and as I turned toward them, I knew one was Ben, but I couldnt' realy make out the other two...except that one had a beard and a crown (a Prince's crown)...I ran straight way into Ben's arms and apologized profusely and Ben said "Stop worrying about this, you are forgiven." Then I looked at the man beside Ben and I knew immediately it was Jesus...I just started crying, standing in awe of him and he smiled at me. After he smiled I moved to the next man...
This man had the BLUEST eyes you'll ever see...they are so blue that they are clear...I knew immediately this was God the Father. I knew it because he could see into the very depths of my soul...and I driven to my knees...I woke up, tears streaming down my cheeks...and out loud, I said "My Savior smiled at me." My mom came into the room, you okay? I heard you crying...
yeah, mam, I am fine." I remember closing my eyes at 11:00 pm, when I opened them it was still 11:00 on my clock...what I thought had been an hour was only mere seconds...

No comments: